The city of Long Beach recently announced the passing of their adult-use cannabis business ordinance, as discussed in our last Long Beach article. Today, we are excited to announce that applications are OPEN for adult-use cannabis licenses in Long Beach.
Filed Under: Licenses
The 280e prevents legal cannabis businesses from deducting certain business expenses on their tax returns.
- Cannabis is still a federally-regulated Schedule I Controlled Substance, which means the 280e applies to legal cannabis operators.
- The taxable amount of a cannabis business is often...
Oregon has a well-earned reputation for being a very cannabis-friendly state. Rightfully so: Oregon was the first state to decriminalize cannabis in 1973. Since then, cannabis in Oregon has become more commonplace than many other states. This guide will help you understand what it takes to...
Variable expenses are highly irregular in the cannabis market – here's how to keep track of them so your business doesn't go under.
- Set aside $200,000 in case of emergencies.
- Make sure your business is 75% ready to open before you even apply for a local license.
- Keep meticulous records...
Filed Under: Business
Medical cannabis is legal in Michigan, and this summer, the state voted on eleven new measures related to cannabis treatment. This guide will provide you with an update on Michigan cannabis, as well as some tips for starting a cannabis business in the state.
Another week, another exciting round of California Cannabis updates. This week, we have news of a potential workshop from CalCannabis Cultivation licensing in addition to updates from the cities of Maywood, Redwood City, and Eureka.