This summer, Oklahoma became the 30th state to vote on legalizing cannabis. On June 26, 57% of Oklahoma voters approved SQ 788 — an initiative calling for the swift implementation of medical cannabis. However, since the vote, the full approval for businesses to begin selling medical...
This week, Green Growth CPA has California cannabis updates from Capitola, Lassen County, Culver City, Contra Costa County and Los Angeles.
Spend time carefully vetting each new employee to reduce employee turnover costs and minimize your risk of fraud.
- Put your network to work to help you find someone who comes highly recommended and has a good reputation.
- Make sure you're registered as a business entity – you will need to...
Filed Under: Business
The City of Long Beach, California has recently announced the passing of their adult-use cannabis business ordinance. Long Beach is located on California’s Pacific border and within the Greater Los Angeles area. Long Beach will be following the likes of many other California cities, like...
Last week, Los Angeles announced the city will begin the process for licensing cannabis manufacturers and cultivators starting August 1. Though it will take months before a manufacturer or cultivator will be fully up and running in the city, this step signifies a green light for anyone...
Cannabis products must be properly packaged and labeled according to new guidance from the California Department of Public Health.
- Packaging for edibles must be opaque (not transparent).
- All packaging must be child-resistant.
- Labeling requirements are detailed – read the list below.
Welcome to another week of California cannabis headlines. This week we have updates from Mendocino County, Whittier, Contra Costa County and Culver City.
Who pays the cultivation tax, and how much tax is charged for cannabis pre-rolls? We'll take you through it in this post.
- The cultivator is not responsible for the cultivation tax when they sell cannabis pre-rolls to a processor.
- The processor pays cultivation tax to the distributor...
Welcome to the first week of July! Today we have some news from Los Angeles and Culver City, as well as a quick update from the California Bureau of Cannabis Control.
Filed Under: Weekly Update
.Although many of the cities Green Growth CPA has written about have hard deadlines for cannabis applications, there are also cities that choose to keep application deadlines open ended. Sacramento is one of these cities.
Filed Under: Licenses